West London Action for Children secures the funding it needs through a variety of sources such as grants, schools, churches, individuals and local events.
Like many charities, we apply to Charitable Trusts and Foundations for larger funding. We are also very fortunate to have the support of both our local boroughs – London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham and Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea – in that they fund a part of our work.
Here is an idea of what your donation could go towards:
- £5 buys a therapeutic resource or toy to help a child communicate their feelings, to help the story of their life unfold.
- £10 provides a parenting book full of useful guidance.
- £60 covers the cost of an initial consultation session, working with a client to establish trust and identify their aims and goals, helping them make positive changes in their lives.
- £500 covers the cost of the helpers at our drop-in centre working with the under-5s (25 families attending for 4 sessions over a month).
- £1,000 would cover the cost of a teenager coming after school to see a therapist to work on depression.
- £5,000 would pay for a therapist to run a parenting group of 8 clients, working with parents of teenagers.
- £10,000 would pay for a term of ‘Mighty Me’ sessions run weekly in a school for 8 children, helping them develop self confidence, enabling them to reach their potential.
And there are many other ways to help….
We welcome support however you can provide it.
We would also like to thank those people and organisations that have kindly supported us.