Stay and Play Assistants
Could you spare a few hours every Wednesday? Our Stay and Play service “Jigsaw” is looking for a new volunteer assistants to become a vital part of its team. Jigsaw is one of West London Action for Children’s longest-running and successful services, enjoyed by over 20 families a week. It is run in partnership with Chelsea Methodist Church.
West London Action for Children provides counselling and therapy services to low income families in Hammersmith and Fulham and Kensington and Chelsea. In addition to this, they provide parenting courses, children’s groups in schools. Jigsaw Club forms part of this service and is for under-5s and their parents and carers.
As a Stay and Play assistant you will be part of a small and dedicated team of volunteers. You will help out 10.30am – 2pm Wednesdays helping Jigsaw during term time while the project is running. There is no requirement to be available for every session. The work will involve working with the Jigsaw coordinator and other Jigsaw volunteers to:
- Set up and pack away a safe and welcoming play area for children, parents and carers
- Interact with children, parents and carers. Assist with activities like arts & crafts and reading
- Help ensure that all attendees are signed-in
- Remain knowledgable about WLAC and other local services
- Occassionally assist on trips e.g. to the museum or park
DBS checks will be required before starting.
Location: Chelsea Methodist Church, King’s Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 5TX.
Nearest Tube Stations: Sloane Square (Circle Line), South Kensington (Piccadilly Line, Circle Line). Bus routes: 11,19,22,49,211,319
Contact the West London Action for Children Administrator with a CV and a paragraph about why you would like to take up the role: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers needed to support the Fundraiser and Administrator in the office. We often require volunteers who have great IT skills to help around the office with a variety of tasks. A sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint or Access would be the greatest skill you could bring to our charity.
We need help with:
- Designing Leaflets and Invitations
- Writing Thank You letters
- Updating our client and supporters database
- Updating our monitoring and evaluation system
- Researching new sponsors
Full training will be given. If you are looking for a way to get some work experience in an office, then West London Action for Children can help!
Email Jen at: email@example.com for further information.