We are delighted to say that our Summer Series of Talks has been a great success thus far, with 6 fantastic speakers giving audiences a fascinating insight into a wide variety of topics.
If you’ve missed any of our speakers, you can catch up with all the talks at our Youtube channel by clicking HERE. There, you’ll be able to hear:
- Anne Longfield, Children’s Commissioner for England, talking about how children in general and vulnerable children in particular are being affected by Covid-19 and the need for a ‘Nightingale scale’ intervention
- Anthony Costello talking about the longer-term consequences of Covid-19 for child health globally, and the threats from climate change and commercial exploitation
- Alan Johnson talking about his love of music, books and football (with a bit of politics thrown in)
- Eleanor Mills discussing some of the highlights of her career as a journalist, editor and campaigner, and how she used story-telling to raise funds and awareness for important causes
- Christine Blower discussing the virtues of education and gardening and the extent to which children in urban and suburban environments are cut off from the natural world
- Benjamin Zephaniah telling us about his remarkable journey from leaving school at 13 years old to becoming one of the most respected poets of his generation
- Adrian Martineau explaining how vitamin D has played a key role in immune function for centuries, and examining its potential role in the fight against COVID-19.